Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Asian Chicken Skewers

I am such a fan of Asian food. I could seriously have it a few times a week and not get tired of it. Nate and I always have chicken on hand and so I'm always open to new chicken recipes. I wanted something Asian with a little zip so this is what I came up with. Nate ate his chicken with a little sriracha hot sauce (like usual) and if you like kick, you could certainly add some of that to the marinade. I served our chicken skewers with some simple basmati rice and garlic soy broccoli.

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1-2 Tbsp. Italian dressing
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. Lawry's seasoned pepper
metal or wooden skewers

Preparation:
Mix together marinade ingredients and whisk well. Slice chicken into long thin strips. Add chicken to marinade and marinate in the fridge for 3-4 hours. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to use. Thread chicken onto skewers and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately with your favorite Asian side dishes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment