Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Very Veggie Chicken Salad

I'm sure there are hundreds of variations on chicken salad. I'm not a fan of any of them, there is usually way too much mayo and weird ingredients like nuts that I don't like. I had some leftover chicken from last night's dinner and I knew Nate wouldn't want it for lunch two days in a row, so I came up with this. It made for a good lunch and I'll definitely make it again.

So no real recipe here, just the basic idea.
Ingredients:
cooked chicken, either shredded or chopped
diced celery
diced green pepper
diced carrot
diced scallion (optional)
miracle whip or mayo (I like miracle whip better)

Preparation:
Combine all the ingredients to fit your tastes and serve in a tortilla, on a sandwich, etc. I think it's best with a little bit of cheese in a wrap. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment