Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Potato Chips

Nate has been craving caramel. Everyday he tells me, "something with caramel sounds so good!" Don't worry, I got the hint! While he was at work on Monday I sent him ton of links to caramel treats/desserts that I could make for him. I sent him these potato chips as a joke, but he was really excited about them. So I went to the store and made him these crazy chips. I made a big batch so he could take some with him to work, but he told me they were too good to share! So I'd say they were definitely a success! I found them over at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. Her desserts are amazing, be sure and check out her site.

Ingredients:
12 oz. milk chocolate
12 oz. bag rippled potato chips
14 oz. bag of caramels, unwrapped
3 Tbsp. half and half
Bag of Heath Bar Bits ‘O Brickle (we left this out)

Preparation:
Line baking sheets with wax or parchment paper and set aside. Put caramels and half and half in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy.
Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the melted caramel halfway down both sides of the potato chips. Be sure to brush only a light coat, or the chips will get too soggy. Place on lined baking sheets to set for about 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and dip the caramel coated chips about a third of the way, allowing the excess to drip off. Sprinkle the Heath Bar bits on the melted chocolate and place back on the wax paper to set for about 2 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment