Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Festive Rice Medley

Oh this rice is so good! It was the perfect side dish last night. I love the subtle flavor that the paprika gives and I love the freshness the veggies give to the dish. You need to make this rice and soon! I got the idea over at Taste of Home and adapted it to our preferences. So good!

Ingredients:
1 cup rice, uncooked (I use basmati, it's the best, but use what you've got)
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
2 Tbsp. green onions, diced (I used 3 small green onions)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (I really recommend using the smoked, not the regular)
olive oil
salt

Preparation:
Cook rice. Here is how I prepare mine and it is perfect every time. While the rice is cooking chop your veggies. In a large skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil over medium heat. Once hot add red and green peppers, and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to cook for another 2 or so minutes. Then add cooked rice, paprika, and green onions to the skillet. Combine well, and add any additional salt you might need. Cook for a couple minutes or until rice is all heated through. Serve warm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment