Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Taco Pizza

Tonight we made dinner for Nate's grandparents, two aunts, two cousins, and sister. Quite the crowd. Nate's grandpa really likes those frozen taco pizzas so I thought I'd make that for dinner. I was a little worried about making a new recipe to serve to others, but I figured they're family, and they'd be okay being my guinea pigs. I have to say that this recipe was a hit! Everyone commented on how good it was, and most everybody had seconds. Success!

Ingredients:
Dough-
I used this dough recipe, I highly recommend it! But you can use your favorite recipe, or even a pre-made crust.

Sauce-
6 oz. tomato paste
6 oz. water (just use tomato paste can)
12 oz. mild salsa
8 oz. Rotel mild red sauce
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes

Toppings:
1/2 lb. beef, cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning (I used thinly sliced steak but you could use leftover roast or ground beef, whatever you've got)
refried beans
sliced olives
diced green pepper
slivered onions
shredded mozzarella cheese
diced tomatoes


Preparation:
Whisk together all the sauce ingredients. This makes quite a bit of sauce, you definitely will have leftovers, it would be great used as an enchilada sauce too.
Sprinkle a small amount of cornmeal on a pizza pan and stretch out pizza dough. Spread a layer of refried beans on the dough. Next add sauce on top of beans. Add meat on top of sauce layer. Top with shredded cheese, olives, green pepper, and onion. Bake pizza at 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes (or whatever is required for your dough recipe). Let set for a minute or two, add tomatoes if you like them, then slice and serve warm. Enjoy!

Sorry about the photo. I forgot to take a picture until halfway through dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment