Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, January 20, 2012

Baked Breakfast Taquitos

I'm a bad wife. I never make Nate a nice breakfast. In fact, if I do make breakfast, it's because that's what we're having for dinner. We really enjoy breakfast for dinner at our house, we probably have it two or three times a month. This is a nice variation on breakfast.

Ingredients:
8 small flour tortillas (I think I used the soft taco size)
8 eggs
1/2 pound turkey bacon (or any breakfast meat you like)
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
shredded cheese (optional, I don't like cheese and eggs mixed so I didn't add any)
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil

Preparation:
Cook bacon and then crumble into bite-sized pieces. Season eggs with salt and pepper, whisk, scramble, and cook. Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a medium skillet and saute
pepper and onion until tender. I like to heat my tortillas slightly before using so that they are easier to work with. I just throw them in the microwave for 20 or so seconds. Into each tortilla, spoon some scrambled eggs, veggies, bacon, and cheese (if you like cheese). Keep it on the bottom third of the tortilla for easier rolling. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown on the edges. Enjoy hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment