Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vegetable Rice Pilaf

Both recipes I made tonight are definite keepers! I love when that happens! I've had this recipe bookmarked for quite a while now, it's so good I wish I would have made it sooner! I saw the recipe over at Mommy's Kitchen. This is going in my favorite file, I will be making this again and again!

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. olive oil or 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
kosher salt & pepper to taste

Preparation:
Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and green bell pepper and saute until tender and fragrant (about 5 minutes). Add rice and saute 2 minutes more. Raise heat to high and add chicken broth, mushrooms, thyme, kosher salt and pepper. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes, fluff with fork and serve.

Photo updated 04/16/14.

No comments:

Post a Comment