Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

This recipe is a 10! I seriously LOVED it! Now I hate sour cream, but this was amazing. Perfect comfort food, I can't wait to make it again. I really might add it to next week's menu, it is that good! This was my first time making and eating stroganoff and this recipe was awesome. I got the recipe from Jenna's Journey.

Ingredients:
1.5 - 2 lbs. top round steak (I only used a pound)
Salt & Pepper
5 Tbsp. butter, divided
4 Tbsp. flour
1 carton beef broth (I used 2 cans)
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 lb. extra wide egg noodles, cooked

Preparation:
Heat 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Slice steak into small thin strips. Season the steak with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet and brown. Once cooked, remove pan from heat and set aside. In another skillet melt 4 Tbsp. butter, slowly stir in 4 Tbsp. flour whisking constantly to make a roux. Add your beef broth, stirring well. Let the sauce thicken for a few minutes. Once thickened whisk in mustard and sour cream. Let thicken for another 3-5 minutes until desired consistency. Taste sauce, add any salt and pepper you need. Add steak and onions to the sauce. Heat through and serve over cooked egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment