Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Swiss Steak

Okay, this is going to be a re-post. I posted the recipe way back at the beginning of this blog but I am going to include a picture this time around. This recipe comes from my Grandma Olson. She is the best cook I know. I LOVE the flavor this sauce gets, for me this recipe is comfort food at it's best! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

Ingredients:
1-1 1/2 pounds round steak, cut into individual portions
3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped (optional, I've never added this)
1 (16 oz.) can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
flour
salt
pepper
olive oil

Preparation:
I keep my vegetables in large pieces so that Nate can pick them out of the sauce. After your veggies are cut, season both sides of your steak pieces with salt and pepper and then dredge in flour. Heat some olive oil in a skillet, once the oil is hot sear both sides of the steaks. Add water, tomato sauce, vegetables, and beef to the crock pot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Serve over egg noodles. My grandma says you can also serve this over rice or potatoes, but I've always eaten this with egg noodles.



picture updated 04/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment