Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sliced Red Potatoes

Both Nate and I enjoy steak. We rarely cook it, but when we do we like to go all out. Nate made Brazilian churrasco style steaks tonight. He doesn't remember the measurements of the steak rub, so I'll have to post it another time. The next part of tonight's dinner was these potatoes. I found the recipe from a cute site called Your Homebased Mom. Nate loves red potatoes and I like that these cook so quickly. Yum!

Ingredients:
8-10 medium sized red potatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cube butter, melted
1/4 C olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cayenne powder (I left this out, I am not a fan of cayenne)
2 tsp. mild chili powder
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt*


Preparation:
Mix above ingredients and toss with thin sliced potatoes. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes, then turn potatoes and bake another 7-10 minutes until desired crispness.

*I found that these potatoes needed just a touch of salt. I am not a big salt person, but I did add a little salt to these. Next time I would add a 1/2 tsp. or so of salt to the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment