Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nachos Supreme

Call me lame, but I seriously get such a sense of accomplishment when I make a new recipe and Nate likes it. Tonight was no exception. These nachos were super easy and super tasty. This recipe is a definite keeper! I found the idea at Tied and True Cooking with Heidi.


Ingredients:
Filling-
1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
2 cans refried beans
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 envelope taco seasoning
1/2-3/4 cup water (I used a half cup and it was perfect)
2-3 Tbsp. taco sauce (optional, just if you want a little extra kick)

Extras-
tortilla chips
queso or shredded cheese
shredded lettuce
sour cream
sliced black olives
pico de gallo
salsa
really whatever nacho trimmings you like!

Preparation:
Combine all the filling ingredients and place in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for a few hours, stirring occasionally. Serve over tortilla chips and top with cheese and trimmings! Enjoy!

*My Note: Since the ground beef is already cooked when it goes in the crock pot there isn't a real cook time. You just want to give it a few hours for the flavors to combine. Mine cooked for about 5 hours and it was just right! This is a good recipe for a crowd, it makes the one pound of beef go really far, we have a lot of leftovers.


This is my plate, I opted for shredded cheese.


This is the hubs plate. He ate his with a spicy queso.

No comments:

Post a Comment