Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Monday, May 23, 2011

Chicken Bakes

I think I just solidified my place in wife hall of fame with this recipe! My husband loves Costco's chicken bakes. I happened across this recipe online and knew I had to try them asap. They turned out really well and Nate is one happy man! I found this recipe at Miranda's Recipes and just adapted it for our tastes.

Ingredients:
Dough-
1 package of yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. oil
2 1/2 C flour
1 1/4 tsp. garlic bread seasoning

Filling-
cooked, diced chicken
cooked, crumbled bacon
Caesar salad dressing
shredded Monterey Jack cheese*
shredded Mozzarella cheese
shredded Parmesan cheese
1 bunch green onions, diced


Preparation:
For the dough-
Dissolve yeast in warm water and add sugar. Let yeast sit about 10 minutes (you want it good and foamy). Stir in remaining ingredients until blended. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Allow dough to rest 5 minutes in a bowl with saran wrap or a towel over it. I just made the dough in my bosch mixer.
Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rectangle that's approximately 5x11". Spread 1-2 tsp. of caesar dressing on the dough and add some chicken, bacon, green onions, and monterey and mozzarella. Fold down the 5" sides of the dough and then roll up the long sides. Place them seam side down on a tin foil lined baking sheet. Brush the tops of the chicken bakes with a small amount of caesar dressing and top with some parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Eat hot! This recipe makes 4 chicken bakes.

The site where I found these says that they freeze really well. So make some extras for some easy lunches!

*I just used the cheese I had on hand. It is a cheddar/jack mix.

Obviously I struggle to make a nice rectangle.


No comments:

Post a Comment