Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chicken Fried Steak - Trying It Again

Nate's favorite meal is chicken fried steak. I've only made it once before for him with mixed results. He liked it, I didn't. Tonight I let Nate pick out what he wanted dinner, he said chicken fried steak. I thought this time turned out a lot better, but I have decided that chicken fried steak is not my favorite. I just don't care for breaded beef. Nate loved this version! He have it a 10 out of 10! As you can tell Nathan doesn't like vegetables. His meal was chicken fried steak, biscuits, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Could there be any more carbs? Guess I'll be taking some extra insulin tonight.

Ingredients:
4 beef cube steaks
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Lawry's seasoned salt
Lawry's seasoned pepper
1 1/2 milk
1 egg
vegetable oil for frying

Preparation:
Evenly pound out the cube steaks. In a shallow dish pour 2 cups all-purpose flour. In another shallow dish combine egg, milk, 1 tsp. seasoning salt, 1 tsp. seasoning pepper, and baking powder. Lightly salt and pepper the steaks on both sides. Dip steak in flour mixture, then the liquid mixture, and back into the flour. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a thick frying pan to 325 degrees. Fry the steaks for 3-5 minutes on each side, they should be golden brown. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment