Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cafe Rio Style Chicken

I know there are a million and one versions of Cafe Rio chicken floating around out there, but this one had the addition of ranch seasoning, so I gave it a try. It turned out really good, but next time I make it I am adding less chili powder. I got the recipe at Mandy's Recipe Box. For just the two of us, I halved this recipe, we put it on salads and I still had leftovers.

Ingredients:
2 lbs chicken breasts
1/2 a small bottle of zesty italian dressing
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 pkt ranch dressing mix, mixed with 1/2 cup of water
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder (I would only add half this amount)
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin

Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on High 5-6 hours OR on Low 8 hours. Shred with fork and serve in salads, burritos, tacos...etc.


Oh my gosh, please just ignore this picture, this is the leftover chicken from after we had made our salads. So not pretty, but it was way tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment