Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, March 11, 2011

Easy Mexican Shredded Pork Tenderloin

Oh man, I tried a new recipe two nights ago and oh man, it was bad! The first two or three bites were really good and then it was too overpowering. I couldn't even finish my portion. I had really high hopes for that recipe too. I was disappointed. But I redeemed myself and I have a good recipe to share with you today.

I posted a recipe for shredded pork carnitas a little while back. It was really good, but I wanted something with a little more flavor. This is what I tried last tonight and I thought it turned out really really good. This is the version I'll make from now on.

Ingredients:
2 lb. pork tenderloin
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup water
2 packets taco seasoning (Nate likes the Taco Bell brand best)
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
salt
pepper

Preparation:
Season pork tenderloin with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Spray a large pan with cooking spray. Sear the tenderloin on all sides over medium-high heat. While the meat is searing, add chicken broth, water, and taco seasoning to your crock pot, whisking to combine. Once meat is finished searing add to the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Once finished cooking, remove and let the tenderloin rest for 10 minutes before shredding. After you shred the meat, add 1 cup of the liquid from the crock pot to the meat and mix.

You can serve this on a salad, in burritos, in quesadillas, or make tacos. We like this with pico de gallo.

No comments:

Post a Comment