Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Donut Bites

Nate and I both love cinnamon rolls. Nate eats them all the time. In fact the other night he ate 4 and then we checked his blood sugar. 105, pretty much a perfect blood sugar. I didn't eat any and my blood sugar was way higher than that, not fair. Anyway, I've had this recipe saved for a few weeks and after a disappointing dinner tonight I decided that I would make these. I must confess, I NEVER fry anything. In fact, I've only fried once before when making chicken fried steaks. Frying really intimidates me, and I find it super unhealthy, so I just don't do it. However, I knew Nathan would love these, so I decided to conquer my fears. His two favorite treats are cinnamon rolls and donuts, so this recipe was perfect for him! I got the recipe from Life as a Lofthouse. I think they would make a really fun FHE treat.

Ingredients:
1 can (12.4 oz) refrigerated cinnamon rolls that includes icing
3 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Preparation:
Heat oil in a medium saucepan to 350 degrees*. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside. Remove rolls from container, set icing aside.
Cut each roll into quarters. Gently and carefully place 4 quarter rolls at a time into the oil and fry for 30 seconds* or until really golden brown (you want to make sure they fully cook in the center).
Place cooked rolls onto a paper towel-lined plate to soak up grease. Once all rolls have been cooked, roll them into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place icing in a microwavable bowl and heat for 10 seconds. Drizzle over the doughnuts and eat immediately.

*Make sure you keep your oil as close to 350 degrees as you can the whole time you're cooking. I left the thermometer in mine and adjusted the heat accordingly.

*My donuts took much longer than 30 seconds each. I did a test donut and it was still really raw at 30 seconds. Make sure you cook them all the way through, hence why mine look so dark.







Sorry for the picture quality, I need to start cooking before the sun goes down!

No comments:

Post a Comment