Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cachorro Quente -- Brazilian Hot Dogs

Tonight I made cachorro quente, pronounced ko-sho-ho ken-shi for those like me who don't speak Portuguese. Nate ate this a ton while living in Brazil and since I have gained a little more confidence in the kitchen, I decided to make it. It is such an easy dish. It is definitely not the prettiest meal, but I have to admit, it tasted pretty good. I like that it has tons of veggies, it is really hard to get Nate to eat his vegetables! :)

Ingredients:
6 hot dogs, cut up into bite-sized pieces (I used all beef hot dogs)
4 hoagie buns or 6 hot dog buns
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 sweet onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced (I used romas)
8 oz. tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. garlic bread seasoning
Lawry's seasoning salt (you can use regular salt)
Lawry's seasoned pepper (you can use regular pepper)
garlic powder
olive oil

Preparation:
In a large skillet, heat 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil. Once hot add diced green pepper and onion. Season with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for a few minutes until vegetables are tender. Add diced tomatoes, 2 Tbsp. tomato paste, and 2 Tbsp. of water. Stir until everything is combined and bring to a simmer. Add tomato sauce and 1 Tbsp. of garlic bread seasoning. Give the sauce a taste, you may need to add a little more salt and pepper. Once sauce is simmering add cut up hot dogs. Keep simmering, stirring occasionally until the hot dogs are hot. I recommend toasting your hoagie rolls or hot dog buns. Spoon hot dog mixture over toasted rolls and eat it while it's hot!

Great served with Brazilian lemonade!




Cooler ranch doritos and cachorro quente. My husband was a happy man tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment