Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baked Chimichangas

Since I was diagnosed with diabetes and a heart issue this year, I've really tried to be a little more health conscious. The recipes I've played around with have been pretty rewarding. The baked onion rings we tried were amazing! So when I saw that you could bake chimichangas, I knew I had to try it. Nate LOVES chimichangas, almost every time we go out for Mexican food he orders a chimichanga. I wonder where he got that from...could it be my mother-in-law? I think so:). I had made french dip sandwiches on Monday and had leftover beef that I used for these. You could totally use pork or chicken though.

Ingredients:
leftover beef roast, shredded
flour tortillas
1 can refried beans
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
shredded cheddar cheese
salsa
sour cream
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

Preparation:
Melt butter and add in oil. Prepare a baking sheet with tinfoil and brush with a small amount of butter/oil mixture. In a small pot, heat refried beans with 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning. Once hot add 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Heat beef. Spread beans, beef, and some cheese on tortillas and roll up. Set seam side down on baking sheet and brush with butter/oil mixture. Bake at 450 for 8 minutes. Flip chimichangas, brush again, and bake for another 8 minutes. Top with additional cheese, salsa, and sour cream if desired.

The husband loved these. He even took the leftovers for lunch today. Nate is not a fan of leftovers, so this means it was a big success!



Okay, here is a little recipe card. Every time I talk to my grandma she asks what I have been cooking lately. I thought it would be really cute to make a little book of recipe cards to send to her. I thought I would share with you guys too. I've left this picture unlocked so click on it and it will bring the image up in a new screen. Then right-click on the enlarged image and you can save it. I'll be adding them to previous recipes too. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute and I love the idea of the recipe cards! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete