Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, January 28, 2011

Pico de Gallo

I love this stuff! I had it once at Costa Vida and loved it. When I decided I was making shredded pork carnitas tonight, I knew I wanted to have pico with it. When I found out how simple it was to make I was surprised, and best of all it tasted exactly like the kind Costa Vida serves. Perfect! I got the recipe from Taste Every Season and adapted it to fit my preferences.

Ingredients:
2 firm Roma tomatoes
1/2 of a medium onion
1 jalapeno
1 small bunch of cilantro
juice of 1/2 a lime
salt

*Basically you want to have equal parts tomato and onion and jalapeno(if you like heat). I am not a fan of heat so I only used one jalapeno and took out the seeds and the ribs and the pico was nice and mild.


Preparation:
Dice tomatoes and onions. You want them in nice little same-sized pieces. For a mild pico take out the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno and dice. If you like it spicy, leave the seeds. Again, you want nice little pieces. Gently mix together tomatoes, onions, and jalapeno. Tear steams off of cilantro. I am not a huge fan of cilantro so I didn't add all that much. Just do what looks good to you. Give the cilantro a rough chop, then add to the bowl. Squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime over the mixture and salt to taste.

Serves 2-4.

Serve with tortilla chips or in any Mexican dish. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment