Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, January 7, 2011

Chicken Fried Steak

Nathan LOVES chicken fried steak.  He has wanted me to make it forever.  However, I have a fear of frying things.  I don’t want to get burned and I don’t want my whole apartment smelling like grease.  So I have put off making him some chicken fried steak.  Nate has been so good lately about supporting my desire of trying new recipes and suggesting ideas for our weekly menu.  I just couldn’t turn him down this time, so I finally gave in and made chicken fried steak tonight.  This recipe was adapted from Alton Brown on Food Network.  I cannot stand his show, but this recipe was really highly rated.  You can find the original recipe here.

Ingredients:

1 pound beef cube steaks

Lawry’s seasoned salt

freshly ground black pepper

1 cup all-purpose flour

2 whole eggs, beaten

vegetable oil

 

Preparation:

Season both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.  Place flour in a large flat dish, place beaten eggs in a separate dish.  I season my flour with additional salt and pepper.   Dredge the meat into the flour and then into the eggs and then into the flour again.  Do this with all the steaks.  

Place the meat onto a plate and allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before cooking.

Pour enough oil into skillet to cover the bottom.  Heat oil over medium-high heat.  Once oil is hot add meat, but don’t overcrowd the pan.  Cook each side for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown.

Remove from oil.  Place on paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.  Serve hot.

*this picture is from Food Network’s website

No comments:

Post a Comment