Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Beef and Broccoli

My most favorite Asian dish is beef and broccoli, I absolutely love it!  Growing up when my family would order Chinese food I would always claim the broccoli from the beef and broccoli, I could eat this broccoli all day! I got the recipe at Dinner for Dollars, the only thing I changed was just that I added less sugar.

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips                                           2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 3/4 cup beef broth
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar ( I only added half a Tbsp.)
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
4 cups fresh broccoli

Preparation:

In a medium size bowl stir together cornstarch, beef broth, soy sauce and brown sugar; set aside.   In a large nonstick skillet fry beef over med-high heat until cooked and drain off any fat. Add in the garlic and continue to saute. Add broccoli and saute for an additional minute. Add your sauce and cook and stir until the sauce thickens. Great served over hot white rice!

If you like a lot of sauce, you may want to double.  This recipe serves 4.

Sorry the pictures are so dark, we didn’t eat dinner until 9pm so I had no light!

DSC_0275

DSC_0279

DSC_0272

Nate wanted me to post this photo to prove that he does help cook on occasion.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! I wouldn't have doubted he helped! HAHA... Too Funny! :)

    ReplyDelete