Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Monday, December 20, 2010

Steak Bites

So I have been sick for the past 5 days. However, I had already planned my menu with yummy things so I am sticking to my menu and Nate is loving being the guinea pig. Saturday evening I was feeling better and I was really looking forward to these Steak Bites. As soon as I started cutting the steaks I got sick again. Nate assured me that dinner was so good though, I served the steak bites with garlic bread and salad. He gave it an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I think I will have to make these again soon so I can try them. I adapted this recipe from The Pioneer Woman.

Ingredients:
sirloin steak or 1 pkg. pre-cut beef tips
Kosher salt
black pepper (I used Lawry's seasoned pepper)
steak seasoning (optional, I added a bit of Montreal Steak seasoning)
2 Tbsp. butter

Preparation:
Trim fat and membranes off of meat. Cut meat into 1” cubes.
Add salt, pepper, and seasoning to meat. Toss to coat thoroughly.
Turn on your ventilation fan overhead. Heat the skillet over medium high to high heat. As the pan heats, add about 2 Tbsp. butter to the skillet. The point here is to allow the butter to melt, then brown, before you add the meat.
Place some of the meat in the pan in a single layer. It should sizzle loudly when it hits the pan – if it doesn’t, the pan isn’t hot enough. Don’t stir or disrupt the meat until ready to flip. You want it to sizzle and brown on one side. Now scoop as many steak bites as you can with your spatula and flip them over. Repeat until all the meat is turned. Cook just long enough to sear the outside of the meat. Cook longer for medium-well.
When meat is finished and plated, pour remaining butter from pan all over the meat. Nate had the butter poured over his steak and he said it was delicious! I am not sure I would want it.

*I only eat my beef medium-well, or well done. If you like you beef done that way, be sure and cook it a bit longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment