Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Redneck's Best Caramels

I should put a disclaimer that I don't really know what I'm doing but...I do know from a failure last year that here in Utah the boiling point is 202 degrees which is 10 degrees lower so when you cook your caramel it says to cook it to 248 degrees but you will want to adjust that to 238 degrees. I will post the recipe exactly as it appears in the recipe I recieved. Try not to be put off by the name. It is just easier than regular caramel recipes. This is actually doubled so feel free to half it if that is better for you.

The Redneck's Best Caramels (Should I change that to "Redhead's...)

2 c. sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 c. light corn syrup
3 c. whipping cream or heavy cream
2 t. vanilla

Combine all ingredients except the vanilla. Cook over medium heat until the mixture reaches 248 degrees. Remove from stove and stir in vanilla. Pour into BUTTERED dish (9x13). You can add nuts if desired! Cool with dish on baking rack. Cut into desired sized pieces and wrap in wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment